Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving with lots of good food. Andrew and I love turkey, so we always try to find the biggest one at the store, then we cut off all the meat and freeze it and use it for months. This year, our turkey was 20.83 pounds. It was great...and heavy! Here are some of the beginning stages of our Thanksgiving feast.



The delicious meal, followed by delicious pies.

What is Thanksgiving without good pie? We made two kinds, Incredible Peanut Butter Pie and Tollhouse Pie, which is basically a cookie in a pie shell and a tradition in Brianna's family. Both are extremely rich.

At first, it seemed like it was going to be a long weekend with just the two of us...but there was a surprise in store for Andrew. Some of his family came to visit all the way from Utah, which is a long nine and a half hour drive. Brianna knew about it, but he didn't, and it was so much fun when he answered the door Friday night!

Here's Andrew's version of the story. Just after I finished dinner that night, the doorbell started going crazy, and I was pretty sure that it would be a doorbell ditcher because it sounded like they were ringing the bell with a jackhammer. Right before I got to the door, I stopped dead in my tracks when I heard the unmistakable sound of my dad mooing like a cow outside the front door. [First off, I've got to tell you that my dad has been mooing like a cow for a number of years; it has become his personal trademark. It really does sound like a cow.] Then it hit me...either my family was on our porch or some farmer was missing a cow and it was wandering around in our front yard! I opened the door, and there they were, smiling, laughing, and shivering in the cold. It was an amazing surprise!
They wanted to come visit and deliver my Christmas present, a 15 foot Coleman canoe. When I was about 16, I went in on a canoe with my dad, so I decided I wanted the other half for Christmas this year. I was a little relieved to see that they brought the canoe, because I was a little worried about having a 15 foot canoe on top of our 17 foot car for over 500 miles across the windy state of Wyoming! Even though the visit was short, we had a great time playing games and hanging out with family.