Doughnut Sunday

This is Brianna here, and first off, my mom is an amazing cook. She can bake bread, make delicious desserts, and well, anyway, she is great. When I was in high school, she started making doughnuts, and usually it was on Sunday nights, so we would call it doughnut Sunday. We would invite some people over and have a party eating delicious doughnuts and way too much sugar. 

Five years ago, Andrew and I were in charge of a Family Home Evening group with college age adults and we decided to make them some doughnuts. But we did a small batch. So, a few weeks ago, we decided to take it to the extreme. We invited our whole ward over (our church congregation) and we decided to double the batch. We ended up with 148 doughnuts and doughnut holes and man, that was a lot of doughnuts! It was a bit of work, but a lot of fun! Thankfully, my sister Miranda was here visiting, and she and Andrew glazed the doughnuts and covered them in cinnamon sugar so I could just do the frying. It was great, but it may be another five years before I want to make that many doughnuts again!


This is a really bad quality picture because it came from my phone, but we didn't have anything else to document the night. This was after most of the doughnuts had been eaten and people were finally full!